This month has been very busy! My final days working at the post office, camping, swimming and biking. Trying to fit in as much quality time with the family before school starts and cooler weather. With that in mind, this week I’ve got an easy meal for you, I made this Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco Bar on Saturday night. I prepared everything on Dixie® paper plates. I made enough of this meal for 2 nights. I placed Dixie® plates with the leftovers on them into plastic baggies and placed them into the fridge. Sunday night’s taco dinner was even easier. I re-heated the shredded beef on the paper plate in the microwave, then unwrapped the cheese and lettuce, and served it up. Dinner that second night took about 7 minutes to get on the table, which may be a world record in my house. Saving that much time on dinner means we can sit and relax through dinner and still have time to play a game of soccer or go for a bike ride, and not have to rush off to bath and laundry and preparing for the next busy day.
Dixie® has a new campaign called Be More Here. Life can get busy, spending quality time and being present in every moment with my family is more important than dishes. Being a blogger now as my full-time job, dishes are out of control. When I wrote my book, I had the amount of dishes that a Thanksgiving dinner produces every night! I wish I would have been smarter last summer and got stocked up on these paper plates! What I love about using Dixie® plates is that they are cut proof, and leak proof (perfect for re-heating that shredded beef!) I shred my cheese right on the paper plate too and I use them as cutting boards for small tasks. My family loves this meal. In fact, I am going to make this 2 night recipe again while camping next week, because who likes to do dishes while camping? I hope you enjoy this easy taco bar idea and save some time not doing dishes and enjoy the moments this summer brings.
- 3-4 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. mild taco seasoning
- 1 (16-oz.) jar mild salsa
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- warmed taco shells
- Sprinkle the roast on both sides with the onion powder, salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove-top. Add the oil, when the pan is hot sear the roast on all sides. Place the roast into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, add the taco seasoning over the roast, and then the jar of salsa.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks on a Dixie® paper plate, place the meat, lettuce and cheese on separate Dixie® plates and serve!
You can see how my blogging friends use their Dixie® plates here: How to be more present in the moments that matter in life
Compensation for this post was provided by Dixie® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dixie® or AOL.