Buffalo sauce. One of the best inventions in the world. Not terribly spicy, and has a delicious vinegary tone to it. I would eat buffalo wings at every restaurant, but biting into wings and licking my fingers in public isn’t always acceptable for all occasions, I wish I could just take the wings home and eat them all alone, don’t you? I’ve got a little better way to get all the flavors of the buffalo wings, but in a neater Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
I used a rotisserie chicken that I cut into cubes, about 3 cups. This recipe also has cream cheese, and creamy Monterey Jack Cheese as well. I had bought a container of crumbled blue cheese to add on the top of the dip, but I tested one bite with the blue cheese and it was way to strong (and I am also a die-hard blue cheese fan.) If you’re tempted to add blue cheese, possibly leave it on the side and your guest can add it to their own serving on their plates.
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) block Monterey Jack cheese, Shredded
- 3 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- Crackers (I use Caberet crackers)
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, add the hot sauce and cream cheese. With a back of a spoon blend the hot sauce and cream cheese together. It's not necessary to get it completely blended, the cream cheese will look like cottage cheese, this will melt later.
- Fold in the Monterey Jack cheese and chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done, stir and serve with crackers, carrots and celery.