Banana Toffee Pie
I have been wanting to try this recipe for banana toffee pie for years! Can you believe that you can turn sweetened condensed milk into a caramel sauce? And all you do is put the can in your slow cooker (unopened), submerged in water for 8 hours on low! Don’t forget to add a dish towel on the bottom of the slow cooker, so the cans don’t make a rust ring on your slow cooker.
This Banana Toffee Pie Recipe was insanely delicious. I was a little skeptical that the caramel sauce would taste just like plain sweetened condensed milk, but it really had good caramel flavor. Make sure to make real whipped cream for this pie, you won’ t regret it.
Banana Toffee Pie
- 12 whole graham crackers about 6 ounces
- 6 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 bananas
- Put a dish towel on the bottom of your slow cooker, if you don't do this, you will have rust rings on the bottom of your slow cooker. Even if your slow cooker is black. Put sweetened condensed milk can, unopened on dish towel. Fill Slow Cooker with water to cover can(s).You can cook more than one at a time, and actually store any extra you make in the pantry!
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cool sweetened condesned can, overnight if possible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make crust- crush graham crackers in a large zip lock bag, add melted butter, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake pie crust for 8 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned
- Let crust cool
- Whip your whipping cream with sugar, vanilla and salt to stiff peaks. About 3 minutes, don't over whip.
- Slice bananas into crust, add entire can of cooked sweetened condensed milk on top of bananas, pipe or spread on whipped cream
You may also like Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake