Waking up to breakfast all ready is priceless. This Apple Cobbler Oatmeal is sure to please. You combine the ingredients in your slow cooker right before bed, and wake up to the scent of apple cobbler, but in breakfast form!
If you are calorie conscience, just change your toppings to your preference. I was actually dieting when I made this recipe, I didn’t put any butter on top of my serving, and put very little brown sugar in. My good friend at work joked when she saw the photo of this recipe, “you probably ate only the pat of butter!”. Yeah, I do love my butter. 🙂
FYI, Plan on soaking your slow cooker in soapy water for most of the day, the oatmeal attached itself to my slow cooker like no other recipe I’ve made.
- 1 Cup oatmeal (standard rolled oats, not quick cooking)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Apples any variety, cored and medium diced, leave skins on
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Brown sugar
- Almonds, or walnuts
- Spray Slow Cooker with a non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, stir.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- Serve oatmeal in bowls with desired toppings