Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin is a beautiful and tender pork dinner. Apples are tucked into the pork loin and cooked with onions, butter, honey and a touch of cinnamon.
Have you seen pork done with the apples stuffed in the top? I’ve wanted to try this for a while now. I’m glad I finally got around to trying it, and I want to share my results with you. I really love the way the pork turned out. It came out tender and juicy, and with cooking it for only 6 hours I was able to slice the pork instead of having shredded meat.
First I start by cutting slits into the pork, and stuffing sliced granny Smith apples into those slits.. I do this on a cutting board, it would be very difficult to do this in the slow cooker, you will see in my photos and video how tight of a fit the pork is.
I lay onion and more apple slices down in the slow cooker. I also add a few pats of butter. I do this for a bit of cooking liquid for the pork, and to add more flavor.
After adding the pork to the slow cooker I season with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Then I drizzle over honey, and lay over thyme sprigs. I cook this honey apple pork loin for 6 hours on low.
Here is the pork after being cooked for 6 hours.
All ready to serve! I made rice pilaf to go with this, it was a great side for the pork.
See how moist and tender the pork is? AND it was sliceable. If I let this go any longer it would be shredded meat.
Here is the video on how to make this meal. You will see how easy it is, don’t be intimidated about cutting the pork for the apple slices, I did it in one take. You can follow me on YouTube here for more slow cooker videos.
- 3-4 lb. pork loin (I use a center cut)
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced and divided
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ½ cup butter, sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh
- 6-quart or larger
- Cut slits on the top of the pork loin, I cut about an inch down. Plug in apple slices into the slits. Set aside.
- Add the onions and remaining apple slices down in the slow cooker. Lay over the slices of butter.
- Add the pork loin.
- Sprinkle the pork with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Add the thyme.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Remove the pork onto a platter and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
I used my 6-quart oval Crock-Pot for this recipe.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes