Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs
Who doesn’t like Ribs? This Slow cooker baby back ribs recipe turned out juicy and tender.
I made a rub for the slow cooker baby back ribs, with brown sugar, hickory smoke flavor, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper. Don’t skip the homemade rub, I think it added a smoke pit flavor to the ribs. You can make this rub the night before, and let the ribs marinate overnight with the rub on them. In the morning, set the ribs in the slow cooker, add some bbq sauce, set the slow cooker to low, and forget about it!
This was my first attempt at making baby back ribs in the slow cooker, and wow they were amazing. The ribs even browned a little! Make sure to remove the membrane off the back of the ribs, if you don’t it will be a chewy gross mess!
I think these ribs would be great for any picnic, family reunion, or potluck! These ribs will make any guest happy.
Serve the ribs with cheesy mashed potatoes. Here’s my favorite side dish to serve with the slow cooker baby back ribs, called crack potatoes, made with hash browns, cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and bacon bits!
- Rub ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 rack back pork ribs, tissue on back removed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sweet baby ray's bbq sauce
- more sweet baby ray's bbq sauce for serving
- Remove tissue from back of the ribs, use a knife, and it should come off in one piece.
- Cut the ribs into 4 sections or so.
- Make the rub, by mixing the 6 rub ingredients together. Put the rub onto ribs with hands.
- Add ½ cup water to slow cooker, and put ribs in the slow cooker and put the bbq sauce on at same time.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Brush with more warmed bbq sauce and serve.