Slow Cooker Maple Cardamom Apples on flaky tender Puff Pastry. This is such an easy fall dessert!
Hi all! I have a wonderful fall recipe for you today! Have you ever tried Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry? It is such a treat! The Puff Pastry Sheets are frozen dough, that are meant to be thawed and baked, the dough turns into flaky layers which are the best for desserts like this. I made these Slow Cooker Maple Cardamom Apples and put them between 2 cinnamon sugar Puff Pastry Sheet squares that I made.
I start this recipe with fresh Gala apples, this is my favorite apple to bake with. Feel free to use your favorite baking apple variety here.
Peel, core and slice the apples.
I add cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple flavored syrup and butter. I cook this on high for 3 hours.
Towards the end of the cooking time for the apples I get the Puff Pastry ready. I cut each Puff Pastry Sheet into 9 pieces and place them on a cookie sheet. I spread on melted butter and sprinkle over cinnamon and sugar.
Here is what the Puff Pastry looks like after being baked! So many light airy flaky layers.
The apples are ready here below! Tender, sweet and buttery.
I layer this dessert by placing one Puff Pastry square down in the bowl, ladle over the maple cardamom apples, then another Puff Pastry square. Add a scoop of ice-cream, then a drizzle of maple syrup. I like to keep a few boxes of this Puff Pasty on hand for easy desserts like this!
See how this recipe is made below in my YouTube video.
There are so many more easy recipes like this one over at Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, not just dessert recipes, but great recipes for dinner, sides and appetizers too! Have fun creating something delicious with Puff Pastry Sheets.
- 7 cups peeled sliced apples (I use Gala)
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup maple flavored syrup
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, sliced
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 5-quart or larger
- Add the apples to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Drizzle over the maple flavored syrup and stir. Add the sliced butter over the apples.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, let the puff pasty thaw on the counter. It takes about 40 minutes. You want the puff pastry to thaw, but still be cold.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Open the puff pastry sheets and cut them into 9 squares. Add the squares to a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Brush the squares with the melted butter, and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the squares for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble this dessert by placing one puff pastry square in a bowl, then add a scoop of the warm apples. Add another puff pastry square, add ice cream and a touch of maple syrup if desired.